6.09.2010

Week 1 - Finally - A Meal

(Posted by Denise)

The week is half over (since my pick-up is on Saturday morning) and I have finally cooked something other than salad. My family is so pleased! Tonight's menu was Salmon, Bok choy with garlic and ginger, and brown rice.


To tell the truth this is my first time cooking bok choy, which is exactly the reason I signed up for the farm share. I thought it was really tasty and very easy to cook. I was also surprised that my youngest enjoyed it. Any vegetable that is kid approved will show up again in my kitchen! (Maybe as soon as next week.)

Bok Choy with Garlic and Ginger

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 Cups Bok Choy, chopped (I used the four heads that were in the share)
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce

Heat oil in the pan (a large pan) and saute the garlic and ginger for one minute.
Add bok choy and stir fry until tender. (If the stems of your bok choy are really tough you may want to throw those in first and then add the more tender pieces.
Add soy sauce and saute for an additional minute.

My Usual Salmon
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 lb salmon filet

Combine brown sugar, chili powder, and cumin in a small bowl.
Place salmon on a foil lined baking pan (easy clean-up).
Sprinkle sugar/chili mixture over the salmon.
Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. (If you like your salmon rare you can start checking at 15 minutes.)

1 comment:

  1. Shocker that he liked it, what doesn't he like?! This sounds so good Aunt De

    ReplyDelete