6.07.2010

Week 1

[Posted by Ruth]
Grilled Bok Choy...FAIL!

We said we'd talk about what didn't work and this definitely didn't work.  I like the marinade I used, which is one I've used many times but we just didn't like how this came out.

First off, I would have been better off it I'd marinated them rather than just brush the mixture on while the coals were getting ready.  Even with continuous brushing, not enough of the flavor got in.

Secondly, even though I had cut them in half and thought I had them well rinsed, there was still a fair amount of grit down at the base.  If I'd cut these up and sauteed them as I normally would, the grit would be been eliminated.  We did eat the smaller ones - 2 each - with dinner but next time I'll do them another way.

Still the marinate is worth noting.  You can use this on fish, chicken, eggplant, (apparently everything except grilled bok choy) and it's very nice.

Asian Marinade/BBQ sauce

1 T Shoyu or your favorite soy sauce
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T Hoisin sauce
1 T Brown sugar
3 T Dry white wine
3 T Olive oil


Mix all and use.  great on grilled or baked salmon, shrimp, eggplant etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment